Monday, July 4, 2011

Last Dinner

On our last night in Paris, some of us decided to go out to dinner at a restaurant called L’epoque. Arriving to the restaurant around 19:30, we were the only ones there. Seated outside at a little table with a red and white checkered table cloth, I couldn’t help but think that this was such a quintessential Paris experience, not to mention the perfect way to spend our last moments in this wonderful city. Our waiter was this nice little Asian man, and we told him that it was our last night in the city and he told us that he hoped our evening was just what we hoped for. He was very sweet and kept coming back to make small conversation, even though his English was slightly limited. It was ironic that we were spending our last night in Paris at a restaurant that was virtually empty and where the service was impeccable. Whereas a lot of my meals, although always delicious, here have been at restaurants that are incredibly busy and the waiters usually have little time to stop and chat. It was very special we had some time to slow down from this whirlwind of a trip right before we were about to leave. As I sit here in the U.S. on the 4th of July, I look back on my Paris trip with fondness and I am happy that I was able to enjoy my last dinner at such a leisurely pace and with such excellent food and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment