Friday, July 5, 2013

Gay Pride Parade


Last Saturday, Robin and me were walking around the Latin Quarter looking for some last minute gifts when we ran into the most lavish cultural splash I have seen in France. It was none other than the Gay Pride Parade! I have never seen a pride parade before, but I had an idea of what one looked like, and my presumptions turned out to be completely true. There were half naked men and woman dancing, kissing, and throwing condoms in a very fabulously gay manner. It was really fun to see how excited and happy everyone was to express sexuality openly without hesitation. The music was loud, and the outfits were even louder! I saw a guy dressed in full drag (a big wedding gown looking dress) and to top off his deva persona, he had white beard! It was absolutely ridiculous, and people loved him! I saw at least ten groups of people, young and old, come up to this guy and pose for pictures. I had such a great time watching the French let their wild side come to surface for everyone to see! We saw pretty much the entire parade, and with it a mass variety of different ways of expressing desire and sexuality. I knew I had stumbled into something boundless when the difference between the floats was weather or not you were wearing ass-less chaps, or dressing like an Amazonian princess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment