Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Eiffel Tower

So far Paris has been great! I haven't had many experiences where Parisians were rude to me, which is reassuring. I have been able to use my french a little, but most everyone can speak English here. However, on Sunday, June 2nd, Carly and I went to this ledge spot that overlooks the Eiffel Tower to take pictures. It was a gorgeous, clear day. I politely asked these boys to move so we could take our picture. When we were all finished with our pictures, the boys came up to me and asked to take a picture of me. They seemed like they were younger than me, and in America, I feel you only ask to take a picture with someone if they are famous or funny looking. I agreed, and after the photo was taken, I turned around to keep taking pictures of the beautiful monument. After looking at the picture and saying "merci" they walked off. I looked at Carly and gave her a "that was weird" look. The boys returned again and asked for my number. One of the boys was giggling. I told them that my phone does not work in France, which isn't true. I forgot to mention, this was all in french! The two boys did not know any English. They also didn't know that I was from the States. This gave me a clue that they were not from Paris or a very touristy part of France. One boy then asked if I had a Facebook. I said yes, but that I had a boyfriend. Their response: "Est-ce qu'il est français?". When I said no, I was handed a phone and told to type in my name. I've learned that the french are persistent and are also very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment