Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cultural post number 3

This weekend in Paris, I realized how much fin it is to experience the culture with the people around me. We went to many places that I will remember and enjoy for the rest of my life. One of these things was the fĂȘte de la musique. I attended the festival with Chantel, Lea, Robin, Carly, Luke and a few of Chantel's friends that were in town. This was an amazing experience as we got to see something that I will never have the chance to see again in my life. For the majority of the day we walked around and listened to the music. I liked watching how the people interacted and seemed genuinely happy to be out, even though it was not that warm. Later in the night on our walk back home through Montmartre, Carly, Lea, Chantel and I saw a plethora of interesting things ranging from people puking on the sidewalk to smashed toilets and TVs in the middle of the street. Even at 2 am there were still hoards of people walking through the streets having a good time even though the music had ended. We went back to Chantel and my apartment and tried to make the French version of Mac 'n' Cheese. To put it lightly it was not what we were expecting. Even though we were exhausted the next morning and slept until 1 pm it was well worth the memories and fun.

1 comment: