Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nancy.

I remember arriving in Nancy on the bus. I woke up just in time to see the beautiful city. Getting away from Paris and experiencing a different city in France was a breath of fresh air. When thinking of Paris I think of cafe's, cigarette smoking, black entire, and red lipstick. Nancy was different. The air was fresh, the sun was shining, and I felt at home right away. After walking around and visiting the museum that day we went to the Place Stanislas. Immediately I was blown away by how beautiful Place Stanislas was with the tall golden gates, fountain, and statues. I could feel the history in the architecture. Being in Nancy reminded me about how every city you visit has a history. It makes that city what it is. It is an eye opening experience that puts my world more in perspective. Living in America is different because our country is still young compared to other countries. It's not everyday that you get to see a piece of art work or a beautiful sculpture hundreds of years old on your daily stroll to class.

1 comment:

  1. Nice piece, Chantel, so appreciative and perceptive
    of your environment here. I should have given you more to read about Nancy and Metz in advance.

    ReplyDelete