Sunday, June 23, 2013

Shopping in Paris!

The most shopping I have done in Paris has been for groceries because I know how expensive eating out everyday can be. So I hadn't really gone shopping for pleasure, not until spontaneously I came across a cute jewelry shop near the Louvre. If I am passionate about anything, it is jewelery, it is something that I plan on pursuing. One thing I made sure to leave at home though, was my jewelry, because I couldn't stand losing anything! As I walked past this store, the jewelry displayed in the window instantly caught my eye and I stopped in my tracks. I was with Julia and she remarked that we should go in, good idea I thought, I'll just browse. But when it comes to jewelry I don't just browse, I forget about everything else that is going on and I become consumed. Knowing how stores work, someone would come up to me instantly, and I wasn't sure if I liked anything yet. I soon found myself trying on rings and bracelets, falling in love with everything I tried on. I hadn't really had a long conversation with someone who speaks French, because I myself don't speak any, but I soon found myself discussing jewelry with the woman at the store. I asked where they made the jewelry and about the business, she told me all of the jewelry is made in Paris, and then she asked me where I'm from, ultimately leading to me gushing about opening up a store and designing my own jewelry. This interaction has been the most fun so far because I felt like I was in my element and just enjoying myself, and I was able to connect to someone about something that I am very passionate about. I've already done some more jewelry browsing this weekend, but I'm just admiring for now, I want to make sure I have enough money to buy groceries!

1 comment:

  1. :-))
    Glad you connected — in English I assume? You sound happy and that is most important...

    ReplyDelete