Sunday, June 23, 2013

Something that I've noticed about Paris is the women. I know it's pretty common for women to judge and observe other women in really any other culture but here I feel like observing them is more educational. This all sounds very pervy but in my defense I just admire the attitude, style and aura that the women here give off. In the US, Boulder specifically, (maybe it's just because of our college age) I don't feel the same sort of confidence and powerfulness that I feel here. I love seeing a girl or woman walk by completely confident in herself and looking very powerful. I'm so glad I'm doing my artist presentation on Gabrielle Chanel because I feel like she was one of the founders of that attitude in French women. All around the world French women seem to have the reputation of being confident and not someone to mess with. Nicole, Chantel and I spoke about those over our lunch in a little cafe and seemed to all agree and feel that aura almost coming off on us. I would recommend to any girl growing up or any time in their life really to come to Paris, even with some of the catcalls and Bonjour's, to learn from the best how to be the best and most confident woman that they can be.


1 comment: